My guest on today’s episode was Allison Ricciardi, LMHC, a Catholic psychotherapist in Long Island, NYC. She is the founder of CatholicTherapists.com, and The Raphael Remedy where she offers Catholic counseling and life coaching. She also has an amazing blog where she and several other Catholic therapists write valuable content.
I’ve been following Allison’s work for several years now, and I am truly grateful to her for her amazing dedication to love of the human person.
I was privileged to hear Allison speak at the Catholic Psychotherapy Association’s professional conference on the influence of the “New Age” (it’s the occult, ya’ll, with just a prettied up name….) and the brokenness she sees from it in her practice. I see it all the time as well, and have been desiring for way too long to have her on with me to talk about this most important topic.
Allison is quick-witted, engaging, and masterful in explaining the counterfeit spirituality of New Age ideas and practices that only serve to enslave people seeking remedy from a wound, or difficult situation….or who just are looking for a little “fun”.
Just to be clear…there is NO New Age/Occult practice that is harmless. New Age ideologies are counter to our faith, and are mortal in nature. They are ALWAYS dangerous to our souls, and will never ultimately lead to the intention that a person is seeking.
Allison has a tremendous gift for communicating just how and why that is so. Gotta have her back on again soon!
Tune in and learn from the best!
- Check out my recent Voice & Vessel Podcast interview with Allison on Emotional Maturity & Catholic Therapy
- Jesus Christ the Water Bearer of Life: Wonderful Vatican document on the New Age
- Believing in a Loving Universe: One of Allison’s awesome blog posts.
- In addition to Allison’s blog HERE and HERE, she also writes for Dan Burke’s Catholic Spiritual Direction site HERE.
- Sue Brinkmann, OCDS, has a great New Age blog HERE full of great information. You can also submit questions there as well.
- Here are links to just a few of the plethora of media stories about people who have been harmed by New Age involvement: