“Christ has come into the world to redirect our rocket engines to infinity and beyond!” (Christopher West)
Now that’s something you don’t hear everyday, right??
I simply cannot get enough of Theology of the Body, and Christopher West is a master at communicating this profound teaching of our faith in terms that we can all understand, rooted in his education from the Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies in Marriage and Family, and integrated in his own unique and engaging way with his personal life story and experience.
There is SO MUCH in this episode! I tried to write good show notes – I really did, ya’ll. But, I couldn’t find a way to meaningfully summarize it all – it’s too much and yes, it was really THAT AWESOME to speak with Christopher today. He has so much to share with you!
Here’s just a glimpse of what Christopher speaks about today:
- What exactly is Theology of the Body?
- Eros & Desire
- Shame & Freedom
- Sex & Relationships
- Addiction vs. Stoicism vs……Aspiring Mystic!
- Use vs. Love
- The Masks of Perfectionism vs. The Road to Perfectionism
- Masculinity & Femininity
- How we are loved in our brokenness
- Pope Francis & Theology of the Body
Join Christopher and me today for more about “how to direct our desire for the Infinite, toward the Infinite”!
- Fill These Hearts (Excellent book by Christopher, and his recommendation for the place to start to learn more)
- Cor Project Membership: (Consider joining to receive ongoing mentorship from Christopher.)
- Theology of the Body Institute (To delve deeply, consider attending a Head & Heart TOB retreat with Christopher.)
“Those who are lost in their passions are less lost than those who have lost their passions” (St. Augustine)
We become addicts when we take our desire for the Infinite and aim it towards something finite. (Theological definition of addiction shared by Christopher)
“We don’t want to be used; We want to be loved!”
LISTEN TO THE SHOW: